This design has been on my nail art hit list for a while. I finally bought gold foil from the born pretty store and couldn't wait to try it. I L.O.V.E this mani- it's the gift that keeps on giving. Seriously, happy early Hanukkah to me! Not only is it SUPER easy to do, it looks just as fly up-close as it does from far away.
Gold foil looks best on a darker color- perfect to jazz up your winter mani-wardrobe. I decided to use one of my new Sephora Formula X babies. Infinite is a deep burgundy with a hint of pearlescent velvety shine. Aka, it's a beauty!
1. After you apply your base coat, apply 1 coat of Sephora Formula X Infinite. Let set for 2 minutes.
2. Apply a second coat of Infinite and let dry for 45 seconds, 1 nail at a time. While you're waiting, separate your gold foil into little pieces. It's super fragile, so pour a little on a table and use either an end of a makeup brush or toothpick to separate the pieces into little chunks.
3. After 45 seconds, while the polish is still slightly wet, use an eyeliner brush to pick up the gold foil pieces and gently place on the nail. Repeat with different sizes of foil until you get the look you want. GENTLY press the foil down on the nail.
4. Repeat steps 2-3 on the rest of your nails.
5. Once your nails are fully dry (approx. 10 minutes), apply 2 coats of your quick dry top coat. As you know Seche Vite Quick Dry Top Coat is my liiiffeee. 2 coats will create a super smooth layer so that you don't feel the rough foil on your nails.
Now it's your turn! Tag #theglittery on Instagram so I can see your work!